Sift Limited ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018, and any subsequent UK data protection legislation (the Legislation), the data controller is Sift Limited (company no. 03230061) of Charlotte Place, Queen Charlotte Street, Bristol, BS1 4EX.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, using social media logins and/or other plugins, participating in our surveys which may be sent to you from time to time or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, attend an event, subscribe to a newsletter or service, order products or services, upload or download content, and/or participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site. The information you give us may include (but is not necessarily limited to):
- your personal name and address;
- your business name and address;
- your email address;
- your phone number;
- your financial and credit card information; and/or
- your photograph
- Information we collect about you
Each time you visit our site or interact with the emails we send to you, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages, resources and/or products you viewed or searched for; page response times, errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction, and methods used to browse away from the page;
- information about your interaction with our emails, including whether you have opened the email, the number of times the email is accessed, and your interaction with email content including the links you have clicked.
We may also build a picture of your digital data profile, by taking information on you from public sources, such as your publicly available social media information and other third party sources such as Companies House. We do this to help us direct more targeted information and content to you.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we or any of our group companies operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We also receive information about you from third party telemarketing companies. We or our partners will only you contact you where you have given the telemarketing companies your consent for us to do so.
Legal basis for processing your data
We may process your data because:
- we are legally obliged to e.g. to confirm your identity;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with you to provide our services; or
- it is in ours or a third party's legitimate interests to do so.
In some instances, we will rely on your consent to process Personal Data and where we do this, it will be flagged to you at the time.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to enable you to access the content and functions available via the site, provide you with any products and services you request, and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with information about other resources, materials, goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already accessed, purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this by ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, or if you have consented to be contacted by an exhibitor or session sponsor by allowing them to scan your badge at an event, or you have given your consent to third party telemarketing companies;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to give you access to our events and keep you up to date with news, information and updates before and after the event .
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features, when you choose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about content, goods services or events that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information (including personal data) with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors who help us deliver the site and our services to you. This includes (but is not limited to) the following suppliers:
- Campaign monitor, a supplier which provides us with a cloud-based email system to enable us to provide you with customised newsletters and updates; and
- Opt-in Monster, a supplier which provides us with a cloud-based email capture tool. Which feeds the email address into our email tool listed above.
- Third parties on whose behalf we have conducted surveys, competitions, promotions and other activities which you have chosen to take part in.
- Advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our Advertising networks, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help Advertising networks reach the kind of audience they want to target.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Attending AccoutingWEB Live Expo
Your badge will be scanned at the main entrance to the event upon your arrival. This scan of your badge is for health and safety and analytical purposes only and no data is transferred to any other parties.
You will have consented to be contacted by one of the exhibitor or session sponsors listed on this website by allowing them to scan your badge at a stand, session theatre door or other opportunity or by signing up to a sponsored session in advance of the event. If you do not want your name and contact details passed on, you should refrain from having your badge scanned. If at a later stage you do not wish to be contacted by the exhibitor or sponsor you should contact them directly and request they change your marketing preferences.
A full list of our Sub-Processors can be found here
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call about our products and services, competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you.
Other businesses within our group or [content partners] we work with may also send you similar marketing messages, depending on what you agree with us.
We will only ask whether you would like us and other businesses to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you create an account or complete online forms (for example for downloading a whitepaper) sign up to a sponsored session in advance of the event OR when you attend an event and provide consent by allowing one of the exhibitor or session sponsors to scan your badge. We may send B2B marketing emails to you as a business contact where we believe we have legitimate interests for doing so. Such emails will always give the option to opt-out from future communications.
If you have consented to receive marketing from us, [[our group] or other businesses,] you can opt out at any time. See 'What rights do you have?' below for further information.
You can also manage your preferences by using our privacy dashboard when you have logged in.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
Our hosting provider is certified to ISO 27001. This family of standards helps us manage your information and keep it safe and secure.
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Where we store your personal data
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements.
Your Data Protection Rights
Sift Ltd would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access
- You have the right to request Sift Ltd for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service. When exercising this right please make sure you tell us that this is a “Subject Access Request”.
- The right to rectification
- You have the right to request that Sift Ltd correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Sift Ltd to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure
- You have the right to request that Sift Ltd erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing
- You have the right to request that Sift Ltd restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing
- You have the right to object to Sift Ltd ’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request that Sift Ltd transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Once we have received the request and verified your identity, we will respond as soon as possible and in any event within one month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via one of the following methods:-
Email us at:-
Call us at
- +44 (0)117 915 9600
Or write to us:
- SIFT, Charlotte Place, Queen Charlotte Street, Bristol, BS1 4EX, United Kingdom
Your request should include the following details:
- Your full name
- The email address used in your registration
- The type of request you are making
- Sift Publishing Title you know you have an account with
- Any details that will help us to identify your data.
All email must send an email from the email account used in their registration on our site granting you permission to request the information.
Thank you for visiting our site.